In today’s business environment, consumers have a multitude of options when it comes to choosing where to spend their hard-earned money. Likewise, businesses have a multitude of choices in regards to who to utilize for the materials and supplies to create or deliver their products or services. Customer service is the linchpin for creating loyal customers and long-term revenue. I am looking for 10,000 businesses to pledge that they will provide great customer service by applying the seven keys of great customer service.
1. Reliability – Our customers can believe that our products and services will meet their standards. Our customers can unconsciously trust us.
2. Credibility – We will strive to maintain a positive reputation with our customers and employees. We will do what we say we will do.
3. Competence – We will take the time to properly train our employees to ensure they are fully knowledgeable about our products and or services. We also provide basic customer service skills training to all employees – especially those who interact with customers on a daily basis.
4. Accessibility – Our customers can easily reach and communicate with us – whether that be via phone, face-to-face, web chat, email or SMS text. If we have brick and mortar locations, we will utilize customer friendly signage to allow for quick locating and retrieval of our products. Our website will be customer friendly – easy to navigate and free of industry jargon.
5. Responsiveness – We are serious about responding to customer inquiries, requests and complaints. We will set time standards for responding to customer emails, chat requests and especially customer complaints. In addition, we will proactively provide updates and progress reports when working on projects. We will develop update criteria with the customer – #of updates, frequency and method.
6. Courtesy – We will remember and exercise the principle that everyone, customers and employees, deserves a measure of respect. We will courteously acknowledge our customers presence – via whatever method they choose to engage with us. When customers are angry, we will remain courteous to ensure that we do all we can to resolve the issue and retain their business.
7. Consistency – We will strive to consistently apply the aforementioned six keys as our ability to do so day in and day out, month after month, year after year is what will makes us great at providing an excellent customer experience.
Commit to the Pledge!
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Customer Service Challenge!’] [contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/] [contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/] [contact-field label=’Company Name’ type=’text’/] [contact-field label=’Commit to the Pledge!’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/] [/contact-form]